Open Door Policy
The Company is committed to open communication between employees and all levels of management. You should feel free to seek information or advice from members of management on any aspect of your relationship with the Company. These communications can be informal, oral or written. Anonymous communications are discouraged because they are difficult to investigate and resolve, and no response can be given to particular employees submitting anonymous communications. Therefore, we encourage you to bring your concerns forward directly to your immediate supervisor. If the problem or issue relates to your supervisor, then proceed to communicate with someone in authority above your supervisor in the organizational chart.
It is our belief that questions, concerns or disagreements are best resolved through open dialogue. This policy is a reflection of our respect for the individual and our belief that open communication is most conducive to a positive work environment.
The Company is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment on the basis of any legally protected status. The Company prohibits and will not tolerate harassment of employees, applicants and contractors by managers, supervisors, co-workers, customers, suppliers, visitors or any other third party. This
policy also prohibits harassment on the basis of the protected status of an individual’s relatives, friends or associates. No person should be required to submit to, disregard or ignore, or participate in harassingconduct. The Company prohibits harassing conduct in the workplace, even if the conduct is not sufficiently severe or pervasive to constitute unlawful harassment.
Harassment in violation of this policy includes verbal, physical, and visual conduct or written language that creates an intimidating, offensive or hostile working environment.
The Company Expressly Prohibits:
• Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal, written or physical conduct of a sexual nature, including but not limited to these incidents where:
• Submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of employment;
• Submission to or rejection of such conduct is used as the basis for decisions affecting an individual’s employment;
• Offensive comments, jokes, innuendoes and other sexually oriented statements, either oral or written.
• The posting or display of sexually offensive materials.
Such conduct has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment.
With respect to other forms of harassment, the Company expressly prohibits:
1. Inappropriate jokes, derogatory remarks, epithets or slurs or any physical aggression relating to another person’s race, age disability, medical condition, family and medical leave status, pregnancy, genetic information, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital status, domestic partner status, veteran status, color, or other lawfully protected status.
2. Conduct which is based upon an individual’s protected status which is unwelcome and hasthe purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment. Among the types of conduct prohibited by this policy are threats, intimidation, coercion, negative stereotyping, abusive or vulgar language or intimidating acts basedon an individual’s protected status.
Responsibility: Each employee is responsible for creating an atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment by reporting any instances of such behavior to the employee’s immediate supervisor and, if he or she is involved in such discrimination or harassment, to the Corporate Office. Further, all employees are responsible for respecting the rights of their co-workers, visitors, all of our internal and external customers.
The Company is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace environment which fosters mutual respect, integrity and professional conduct. In keeping with this commitment, policies and procedures for all employees have been established
related to the issue of bullying in the workplace. ExpressOne does not condone and will not tolerate any form of bullying or psychological harassment in the workplace, and is committed to:
• Maintenance of a healthy and safe workplace for all employees
• Education and prevention-oriented practices
• Addressing bullying behavior as soon as possible
• Effective problem-solving processesto addressemployee concerns,whether related to individual or group behavior.
Workplace bullying and psychological harassment is defined herein as unwanted conduct, comments, actions or gestures that adversely affect an employee’s dignity, psychological or physical health and well-being. Bullying and psychological harassment may result from the actions of one individual towards another or from the behavior of a group. Bullying and psychological harassment are often
characterized through insulting, hurtful, hostile, vindictive, cruel or malicious behaviors which undermine, disrupt or negatively impact another’s ability to do his or her job and results in a harmful work environment for the employee(s).
Bullying and harassment can take many forms and may occur when the behavior or conduct:
• Would reasonably tend to cause offense, discomfort, humiliation or embarrassment to another person or group;
• Has the purpose or effect of interfering with a person’s work performance; and/or
• Creates an intimidating, threatening, hostile or offensive work environment.
Any employee who feels he or she has been victimized by bullying is encouraged to report the matter as set forth in the complaint procedure specified under the
Company harassment policy.
• Any type of workplace violence, including but not limited to, attempted, threatening or actual behavior that is intimidating or causes physical harm or property damage toward another employee, customer, supplier or visitor,
occurring on Company property or during the performance of an employee’s duties. This behavior includes, but is not limited to communicating threats of harm, waving an object that appears to be a weapon, physically attacking a person or person’s property, committing acts of vandalism or arson,
stalking a person, communicating racial nickname or other derogatory comments associated with hate crimes, using greater physical size or strength, or organizational position to intimidate or harm a person most of all as mentioned before using or displaying a firearm or weapon.
The Company will conduct interviews and investigate all complaints of harassment or discrimination. If an employee believes any conduct in violation of this policy has occurred in the workplace, the employee should promptly report the incident to his or her immediate supervisor. The immediate supervisor will report the matter to the Corporate Office; an investigation will be conducted and appropriate
action will be taken, if warranted. All complaints will be investigated.
If the employee believes it would be inappropriate to discussthe matter with the immediate supervisor as stated above, the complaint can be reported directly to a higher level of management, who will undertake an investigation. Your cooperation is crucial in reporting ariy incidents of this kind of behavior. The employee will also provide the complaint in writing; the complaint will be kept
confidential to the extent consistent with conducting a complete and thorough investigation.
If the outcome proves to be of harassment nature or discrimination by another employee in violation of this policy, the Company management team will take appropriate corrective action against the offending employee which may include unpaid suspension or dismissal of employment. A Company manager will notify the employee who filed the complaint that the investigation has concluded and that appropriate action was taken. The employee will be advised that this information is confidential.
However if after investigating any complaint of harassment or discrimination the Company management determines that the complaint was not brought forward in good faith or that an employee has purposely provided false information regarding that complaint, corrective action may be taken against the individual who improperly filed the complaint or who provided false information.
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY